Vitech is seeking an experienced and motivated Principal Systems Engineer to join our mission to change the systems engineering world! This position offers the opportunity to challenge existing paradigms and enhance our clients’ systems engineering capabilities leveraging Vitech’s proven model-based systems engineering approach and tools, CORE™ and GENESYS™. Our Principal Systems Engineers are the tip of the spear in bringing our approach to reality – teaching, mentoring, and helping customers deliver project success. We need systems engineers with the technical expertise, interpersonal and communication skills, and drive to lead successful lient engagements and help Vitech continue to advance its mission and technology.
Who is Vitech? We are a pioneer and industry leader in integrated model-based systems engineering solutions. After 28 years supporting the systems engineering community—including commercial and government organizations involved with some of the most complex and innovative programs around the world—we are poised to take our solution to the next level! Through our 2019 acquisition by Zuken Inc., a global provider of electrical and electronic design and data management solutions, we aim to connect systems engineering and detailed design capabilities in unprecedented ways, enabling a new era of product development and integration. To do so, we must continue to advance our state-of-the-art software while cultivating our user community and the ecosystem of third-party connectors and other resources at an everincreasing pace.
Working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product definition, methodology, customer experience, and beyond. Active collaboration with other team members (both remotely and occasionally at our headquarters in Blacksburg Virginia) is critical to success in this role. This is an opportunity to become a force multiplier, helping to transform the practice of systems engineering within client organizations and shaping our solutions to better enable systems development.
Domestic travel will be required up to 50% of the time, on average, to support corporate and client needs. Some international travel will be required to share Vitech’s methodology and approaches at industry events and support our international resellers.
Vitech systems engineers are industry leaders, helping clients implement systems engineering practices while advancing the practice of systems engineering, both within Vitech and as members of the larger systems engineering community. To thrive at Vitech, a Principal Systems Engineer must:
- Conduct high quality training and start-up services to maximize the impact of every client engagement.
- Mentor and coach clients to help them leverage the power of our approach and tools and gain their confidence to engage us for consulting support.
- Meet agreed-upon milestones and deliverables on consulting contracts and provide monthly status reports for coordination and recordkeeping.
- Support our business development team as they seek to understand client issues and propose supporting engagements.
- Provide support for pre-sales analysis of customer needs, technical demonstrations, product evaluations, proposals.
- Deliver high-quality intellectual content including conference papers and presentations, white papers, webinars, and blog posts
The successful Principal Systems Engineer candidate will possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree in engineering or science (a Master’s degree is preferred)Page 2 of 2
- At least 10 years of professional experience in hands-on systems engineering with experience and approaches in model-based systems engineering (MBSE)
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written), active listening skills, and effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills for both clients and team members
- A proven ability to manage multiple tasks of varying scope and maturity across multiple projects and organizations
- Excellent organization skills, including the ability to plan and work effectively both individually and as part of a team, and exceptional attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving, negotiation, conflict management, and customer service skills
- U.S. citizenship, or other lawful classification as a “U.S. person” under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
The following qualifications are not required, but may better position you for success at Vitech:
- Experience teaching in a professional environment
- A history of writing formal papers and less formal blogs to share your systems engineering insights
- Experience applying DoDAF and other architecture frameworks to processes and procedures
- Familiarity with SysML and UPDM
- Application experience with modern requirements management, architecture, and systems engineering software
- INCOSE systems engineering professional certification, either as a Certified Systems Engineering Professional (CSEP) or Expert Systems Engineering Professional (ESEP)
- A current security clearance at the Secret level or above