Position: Human Resources Generalist / Manager
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, PHR, SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP Certification
Experience: 6+ years in HR, recruiting, or related field
Location: USA, Flexible
Vitech seeks an experienced Human Resource (HR) Generalist to manage Human Resources operations at our growing software technology company. You will be responsible for recruiting and onboarding, benefit and payroll administration, performance management, employee recognition and wellbeing, training and development, and compliance with regulatory and corporate policies and reporting.
Effective collaboration with a distributed, diverse team of professionals is critical to success in this role. Occasional travel may be required for in-personal meetings and team events.
Vitech offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package. To learn more about us and our mission, visit https://www.vitechcorp.com/careers/.
- Collaboratively manage the recruiting process for our growing company in order to add the best talent to our team
- Develop and refine strategies and procedures to attract and nurture qualified applicants, identify and select “best fit” candidates, extend employment offers, and hire successfully.
- Conduct or acquire background checks and other eligibility verifications and communicate effectively with new hires from offer acceptance through their probationary period
- Implement orientation and other onboarding activities for new team members, coordinating with managers and other subject matter experts as needed
- Develop and support employee recognition initiatives, training programs, team events, and communications aimed at keeping the team engaged and productive in their respective roles
- Administer HR programs including but not limited to compensation and benefits, disciplinary matters, performance and talent management, health and safety, and training and development
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants, team members, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff
- Attend and participate in team member disciplinary meetings, investigations, and terminations
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance
- Cultivate knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
- Maintain adequate recruiting and HR records to satisfy corporate and regulatory analyses and reporting requirements
- Possess a flexible approach to work tasks, initiative, good judgment and discretion with sensitive data
- Collaborate with the leadership team and other managers to understand the team needs, define team development and recruitment plans, and sustain teach morale
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Five or more years of practical experience as an HR generalist or specialist
- Demonstrated success in technical (i.e. software / engineering) recruiting and onboarding
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related law and regulations
- Proficiency with the office tools including Microsoft Office and Teams
- A passion for building a happy, healthy, and productive team of high-performers
- Working at Vitech may involve access to information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and preference will be given to U.S. citizens, Green Card holders, and or other U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR
The following qualifications are not required but would position you for even greater success at Vitech:
- A bachelor’s Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field.
- Prior experience with BambooHR, SharePoint, timekeeping software, and similar tools
- Prior experience with employee benefit design, negotiation, communication, and administration
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP certification, or eligibility
Working at Vitech
Vitech offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package. For additional information about working at Vitech, visit https://vitechcorp.com/careers/.
Help Vitech Change the World!
Vitech is a leader in educating and equipping systems thinkers and engineers in government organizations, research institutions, and top-tier companies around the globe. As a part of our company, you will be at the forefront of product development and innovation, industry thought leadership, and empowering our customers to address a wide array of complex modern challenges.
Vitech offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.