Position: DevOps Engineer
Education: Technical degree preferred
Experience: 5+ years practical DevOps experience
Location: USA, Flexible
Vitech is seeking an experienced and motivated DevOps Engineer to expand our product development team. This position offers the opportunity to implement critical infrastructure and automation for development and deployment of high-end commercial engineering software products developed in a fast-paced, no-nonsense environment using modern tools and approaches. Our team of engineers work collaboratively—with inputs from customers and our own industry experts—to produce high-quality product releases in an agile and nimble environment.
At Vitech, we develop cutting edge model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and Digital Engineering software that empowers our customers to specify, architect, design, and deliver products that they and their end customers love. For us, “good enough” is never good enough. We don’t just make user-friendly, feature-rich products; we make lovable products. Working at Vitech affords all team members the opportunity to contribute across the company – product strategy and definition, methodology, marketing, customer experience, and beyond. This is an opportunity to escape bureaucratic environments and mundane software projects to make a real difference in an organization delivering mission critical tools that help change our world.
Robust collaboration with software teams and stakeholders, is critical to success in this role. This position may involve access to information that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), and preference will be given to U.S. citizens, Green Card holders, and or other U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR.
To thrive at Vitech, a DevOps Engineer must:
- Design, implement, and maintain the software delivery pipeline, including build, test, and deployment automation processes
- Collaborate with software teams to ensure that applications are designed and implemented with scalability, reliability, and maintainability in mind
- Develop and maintain infrastructure-as-code (IaC) templates and scripts using tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, or Ansible to automate the provisioning and management of infrastructure resources
- Implement and manage containerization technologies such as Docker and orchestration tools like Kubernetes to facilitate application deployment and scalability
- Monitor and optimize system performance, reliability, and availability, identifying and resolving bottlenecks and issues in a timely manner
- Collaborate with teams to implement and maintain secure infrastructure and applications, adhering to industry best practices and compliance requirements.
- Work closely with operations and development teams to streamline operational processes and procedures, including incident management, monitoring, and alerting.
- Drive continuous improvement by identifying areas for automation, optimization, and process enhancement.
- Stay up to date with emerging DevOps tools, technologies, and industry trends, evaluating and implementing new tools as appropriate.
- Develop estimates for work products
- Comprehend, leverage, and improve upon existing infrastructure
- Embrace the plan-do-check-act cycle, recommending process and methodology improvements as part of a learning organization
- Maintain a willing and flexible attitude, assuming duties as needed to contribute to team success
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and communicate technical issues efficiently
The successful DevOps Engineer candidate will have:
- At least five years of practical DevOps experience demonstrating a strong understanding of software development lifecycle and operational procedures
- Experience with Azure DevOps and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) including CI/CD automation within these systems
- Experience with cloud technologies such as Microsoft Azure and AWS including infrastructure services and serverless architectures
- Proficiency in scripting and programming languages like PowerShell, Python, c#, or VB.NET
- Knowledge of containerization technologies like Docker and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- Strong problem-solving and troubleshooting skills, with the ability to analyze and resolve complex technical issues
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and work ethic
- Ability and desire to work collaboratively as part of a greater development team and larger organization to deliver needed capabilities to our clients
- A passion for bringing quality products to market!
The following qualifications are not required but would position you for even greater success at Vitech:
- A technical degree from an accredited college (computer science, engineering, or similar)
- Prior experience with agile processes, test-driven development, and the Scrum methodology
- Experience with InstallShield or similar installation development environments
- Experience with test automation tools like Selenium
- General IT and network support expertise
Vitech offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.