Position: Product Manager
Education: B.S. degree in engineering or related field; advanced degree a plus
Experience: 5+ years in systems engineering; 2+ years in product development
Location: USA, Flexible
At Vitech, we develop cutting edge model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and Digital Engineering software that empowers our customers to specify, architect, design, and deliver products that they and their end customers love.
Vitech is seeking an experienced and motivated Product Manager to lead the specification and definition of one or more Vitech model-based systems engineering (MBSE) and/or Digital Engineering software products. The Product Manager is responsible for acting as the “voice of the customer” within the organization and must stay attuned to market trends, customer needs and pain points, using that knowledge, along with personal experience, to develop a robust product roadmap. The Product Manager is responsible for not only defining the strategic vision of assigned products but also for directing and managing the refinement of the vision into specific, actionable, and implementable features and user stories consisting of specification documents, requirements, and mockups. The Product Manager will work closely with one or more Product Analysts within the Product Strategy department to refine these plans. The Product Manager will also work closely with the Product Engineering department, which is responsible for software engineering and implementation, to make the plans become reality. The Product Manager reports to the Chief Innovation Officer (CIO). You must be authorized to work in the United States for this position.
The ideal candidate has a proven track record in product management, subject matter expertise in systems engineering, and a track record of delivering innovative solutions.
- Conduct market research and competitive analysis to identify customer needs and market trends.
- Develop and maintain product roadmaps and prioritize product features and enhancements based on business objectives and customer feedback.
- Work closely with Product Analysts and others in the Product Strategy team to define product requirements and develop mockups that ensure alignment on product vision and roadmap.
- Develop and maintain product documentation, including product requirements, user stories, and use cases.
- Define and monitor product metrics to measure success and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Conduct customer interviews and gather feedback to inform product decisions.
- Work with sales and marketing teams to develop go-to-market strategies and support product launch activities.
- Identify and manage risks associated with product development and launch.
- Serve as a subject matter expert for the product and provide guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders.
- Represent Vitech at industry and customer events, as needed.
- Maintain a willing and flexible attitude, assuming duties as needed to contribute to team success.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to multi-task and communicate technical issues efficiently.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in an engineering field or computer science; advanced degree in Systems Engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of experience as a working systems engineer in industry; 2+ years of experience as a software product manager.
- Familiarity with one or more model-based systems engineering (MBSE) tools
- Familiarity with one or more systems engineering modeling languages such as SysML, LML, Archimate, or the Vitech Systems Definition Language
- Familiarity with one or more industries that have adopted MBSE such as aerospace, defense, new space, medical device, automotive, industrial automation, or related field.
- Strong understanding of software development methodologies and project management practices
- Experience developing and managing product roadmaps and prioritizing product features based on customer needs and business objectives.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to make data-driven decisions.
- Ability to develop unique, innovative, and value added solutions to complex problems.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Familiarity with product management tools such as Aha!, ProductBoard, or Asana.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
The following qualifications are not required but would position you for even greater success at Vitech:
- OMG Certified Systems Modeling Professional (OCSMP) certification.
- Experience developing native web and cloud SaaS software products.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, aggressive startup culture.
Working at Vitech
Vitech offers a competitive salary and benefits package. For additional information about working at Vitech, visit https://www.vitechcorp.com/careers/.
Vitech offers equal employment opportunity to all applicants for employment and all employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by applicable law.